Thursday, December 20, 2012

Saigon Clips

Kinh Van Bong
Who are Saigonese pupils? 
What is "number one is demon, number two is ghost and number three is pupil"?
Why is high school time memorable? 
Take a look at the clip and you will have the answer





Nguoi thay (the teacher)
Uploaded to Youtube on 20 November, the Vietnam teacher day, the clip "The teacher" immediately touched the hearts of many teenagers. Its the story of a poor teacher who 30 years rode an old bycicle to school and gave the useful lessons to many pupil generations.

The song in the clip is "Bui phan" (Chalk dust)




Chalk bust performed by Lee Kirby


Vietnamese Lyrics:
Khi thầy viết bảng , bụi phấn rơi rơi 
Có hạt bụi nào rơi trên bục giảng 
Có hạt bụi nào vương trên tóc thầy 

Em yêu phút giây này 
Thầy em tóc như bạc thêm 
Bạc thêm vì bụi phấn 
Cho em bài học hay 

Mai sau lớn lên người 
Làm sao có thể nào quên 
Ngày xưa thầy dạy dỗ 
Khi em tuổi còn thơ... 



English Lyrics:
I love the way you changed my life
You opened up my heart and mind
You encouraged me to follow my dream (can be dreams if you like)

I loved all those days,
when you showed me the way,
to trust in myself
and learn well each day

How could I forget,
the time that we shared?
You helped me grow up
to an adult instead




Saigon Here We Come
Designed by Mr Be Bu 



No comments:

Post a Comment

베트남 여행 일지 - Travel diary of a Seoul student in Vietnam: http://vnkrphrasebook.blogspot.com