Friday, August 17, 2012

QUANG NGAI - SON MY MASSACRE

Contents

A/ Overview - Why to go?
     Geographic location 
    

 
B/ Highlights: 1/ Son My massacre (or My Lai): Motorbike taxi to Son My
                                                                                 Son My from Vietnamnet
                                                                                 Son My from BBC
                                                                                 Public bus to Son My (and My Khe beach)

                        2/ My Khe beach
    
C/ Where to stay
D/ Eating
E/ Getting there
F/ Others


A/ Overview - Why to go?
   Quang Ngai rarely see foreign travellers. The province has very few interesting tourist attractions in comparison with the nearby Hoi An ancient town, My Son holy land and Hue ancient citadel...
     In reality, most visitors to here are American veterans and those who are interested in Vietnam war. Just only some hours in the morning of March 16, 1968, around 140 American soldiers of the three platoons named Charlie, Bravo and Anphal, commanded by Colonel Ernest Medina, entered Son My village of this poor Quang Ngai province and killed 504 civilians, most of them women, the elderly and children. One year later, Son My massacre was posted on many newspapers and American were very shocked. They could not believe that it is the truth. “Heros” of the US army became crazy brutal killers.
      Son My massacre showed the most horrific crimes of US troops in the Vietnam war!

      Not far from Son My massacre is the long sandy My Khe beach which is popular with local people.

     Some young Vietnamese travellers from Sai Gon and Ha Noi come to Quang Ngai to visit the Ly Son island which  was once very beautiful.

      Geographic location
Quang Ngai is a province in the South Central Coast Region of Vietnam, bordered by Binh Dinh province to the south, Quang Nam to the north, Kontum to the west and East Sea to the east.

Quang Ngai is 838km from Sai Gon city and 883km from Ha Noi capital


B/ Highlights
    1/ Son My massacre (or My Lai)
* Motorbike taxi to Son My
   
Son My is about 12km from Quang Ngai downtown. In the hot afternoon 30th May 2012, a motorbike taxi took me to Son My (with My Khe beach too) and back to city with just only 80,000VND.

Left the small city, the bike passed over the Tra Khuc bridge where I had a great and beautiful riverview. Then the bike entered the peaceful leafy countryside road with green rice fields both sides.

Arrived in Son My massacre relic after about 30 minutes. Just beside it, I saw a slim farmer working hard on his land. 44 years ago, Son My was so poor. And now there is not a big difference.

Got entrance ticket, I was the only person visisting Son My at that time and it was totally quiet. Walked straight, at the end of the lane was the main memorial with an elderly woman holding up her fist in defiance, a dead child in her left arm, surrounded by injured and dying at her feet. In front of the memorial, at both sides, there were many small statues describing various positions of the ill-fated victims showing their utmost pain before death.

Then I walked to the right side of the memorial where there were many house foundations with steles dedicated to the families whose members were all massacred. On each stele, the name and age of the victims were listed. 

In total at this relic site, about 170 people were killed. Their blood once red dyed the present small brown waterway of this relic.

And it was so sad that I almost cried when I visited the House of Evidence which was on the left of the memorial. All the photos taken by American photo-journalist Ronald Haeberle just slowly brought me back to the time that 504 innocent civilians were killed... Old mother, poor wives and all children.... How and how could those soldiers do that?!

Entrance ticket: 10,000VND/person. Open:  365 days/year (7:00AM - 5:00PM)

Note: Please dress properly and keep quiet when visiting Son My 


Great beautiful view from Tra Khuc bridge

The slim poor farmer on his land beside the Son My massacre relic

The main memorial



The foundation of a Son My house burned by US troop

Dogs, pigs, chickens, ducks, cows were killed too



504 victims in the House of Evidence

I stood in front of this pic for a while. Couldnt know why and how those soldiers could do that?! Almost cried...

                                                          Pics: vietnamguidebook

* From Vietnamnet 
My Lai massacre: horrible memoirs
VietNamNet Bridge – Many Americans uttered that it is not the truth and they do not believe that it could happen, but it is the truth, said American veteran – photo-journalist Ronald Haeberle.

 The Vietnam War ended 36 years ago. A new generation has been born and is growing up after the war. War witnesses are living in their old age. Vietnam is now in peace and is developing very fast.

Somewhere, somehow, people seem to forget that war happened here. But for residents of Son My village in the central province of Quang Ngai, the war is still fresh.

“My Lai Photographer Ron Haeberle Exposed a Vietnam Massacre 40 Years Ago” is the title of an article by Evelyn Theiss on The Plain Dealer dated November 20, 2009.

Forty two years ago, black-and-white photographs of slaughtered women, children and old men in a Vietnamese village shocked the world - or that portion of the world willing to believe American soldiers could gun down unarmed peasants and leave them to die in streets and ditches.

The Plain Dealer was the first news outlet to publish the images of what infamously became known as the My Lai massacre, which had taken place on March 16, 1968.

 On March 16, 1968, around 140 American soldiers of the three platoons named Charlie, Bravo and Anphal, commanded by Colonel Ernest Medina, entered My Lai, My Hoi and Binh Tay villages to “raid Viet Cong.” But actually, they rousted local residents from their homes, raped young girls and then killed them, their siblings, parents and grandparents. When the injured moved among the corpses they lay with, they were shot again until they were still.

Within four hours, American soldiers killed 504 civilians, most of them women, the elderly and children. Viet Cong soldiers were 240km from My Lai at that time. The Charlie platoon’s commander – Lieutenant William Calley ordered to “kill them all, burn all” in the village. This platoon killed more than 300 civilians in My Lai alone. (After the massacre was exposed, only Calley was brought to the military court and was only put under house arrest for three years.)

The massacre came to light 16 months later, by reporter Seymour Hersh. Hersh sent many letters to American government officials asking to investigate the “bloody and dark” incident at Pinkville (the way US army called My Lai village).

Hersh also conducted an independent investigation. In September 1969, the Time, Newsweek and The Plain Dealer (Life now) published Hersh’s reportage, illustrated by Ron Haeberle’s photos. Haeberle was a war photo-journalist who joined Charlie platoon on March 16, 1968.

Hersh then won the Pullizer Prize for the reportage.

 Ron Haeberle was not a professional journalist, just a trainee soldier at that time. He was assigned to follow Charlie platoon to take photo of dead bodies to serve the army’s report of “achievement in destroying Viet Cong” and to supply pictures for the army’s Stars and Stripes Newspaper.

In that fatal morning, Haeberle arrived at My Lai on a helicopter, with two cameras, a Laika to take black-and-white picture for the army and a Nikon to take color photos for himself.

Many newspapers questioned how Haeberle could “fool” the US army to take the Nikon and rolls of color film back home to cause the “aftershock” one year later, but Haeberle has not talked about this.

After being refused by some famous newspapers, correspondent Hersh published the first article about the My Lai Massacre on a little known newspaper. Reading Hersh’s story, Haeberle decided to call his friend, Joe Eszterhas, a former sub-editor of The Plain Dealer to disclose his photos of the My Lai Massacre.

When the first pictures were posted on this newspaper, many American were very shocked. They could not believe that it is the truth. “Heros” of the US army became brutal killers. A large-scale investigation, led by general Willian Peers, was carried out in three months. Haeberle became a significant witness in the most disreputable scandal of the US army.

Haeberle returned to Son My on October 23, to visit the old battlefield, where the massacre occurred, with Tran Van Duc, a Vietnamese German, one of the survival in the My Lai massacre.

The next article is the interview with Haeberle, about what he witnessed at Son My.



Fatal morning through Ron Haeberle’s memoirs
Returning to Son My this time, at the age of 71, Ron Haeberle tried to please everyone, with his patience and enthusiasm. He seemed to try his best to compensate the pain in Son My.
 This is the second time Haeberle returned to this land. In 2000, he quietly returned to Son My for the first time, as a tourist. Perhaps he was afraid to face locals and was afraid that they did not forgive an American like him.

Several months after the massacre, Haeberle left the army to live in Ohio. After his photos were published on magazines, Ron was invited to clubs, seminars and universities to talk about the Vietnam War. At the same time, the anti-Vietnam War campaign was launched in the US and quickly spread to the world.

However, if Seymour Hersh became famous for his articles about My Lai, Haeberle lived very quietly.

Many years after the massacre, many correspondents questioned: why Haeberle’s photos only focused on dead or not dead yet people (these photos are often captioned: after this picture was taken, people in the photo was shot to dead)? There is no photo featuring American soldiers shooting or killing Son My people.

Haeberle kept silent.    

Until 40 years later, in November 2009, he admitted that he destroyed many photos which featuring US soldiers killing Vietnamese civilians. “I was there. I was one of them. All of us are guilty,” he said.

He lived for several decades in Ohio as a production manager of the Premier Industrial Corp. He was retired for many years. He is now a member of cycling, skiing and kayak clubs.

In 2000, he pedaled a bicycle from the ancient town of Hoi An to Son My.

On October 25, 2011, Haeberle returned to Duc Pho, where he garrisoned and where US soldiers started the Son My massacre.

This time Haeberle went to Son My with Robert Hoard, a teammate in his cycling club. After the trip to Son My, the two men rode bicycle to Phnom Penh, Cambodia and around Vietnam’s Mekong Delta before returning to the US.

VietNamNet’s Hoang Huong talked with Haeberle two days after he came to Son My.
 Haeberle’s story about the My Lai massacre has been published on many newspapers but many Vietnamese people, particularly those who were born after the war, still want to hear it directly from a witness like him.

At the time the My Lai massacre occurred, I was about to leave the army and return to the US. From the LZ Dottie base (which is in Quang Ngai province), we flew to My Lai on a helicopter.

The helicopter landed on a field outsider My Lai village. When I arrived there, I heard a lot of shooting. I and other soldiers jumped out of the plane. I thought that I was in a battlefield but very soon I felt something stranger there. It did not seem to be a battle. I saw only American soldiers shooting on mobile targets. There was no shooting from the other side. I asked myself: what was happening?

Another helicopter landed. Two groups of soldiers moved into the village and began shooting villagers. They shot every moving target, including men, women, kids and cattle. But I did not see any signal of Viet Cong.

When I approached nearer to the village, I witnessed a woman who was trying to stand up from a pile of dead bodies. She was injured but she could not stand up. I did not know whether she was a Viet Cong or not but she was a moving target and a soldier killed her by a gunshot to her head.

At the same time, other US troops walked around to seek the traces of Viet Cong or weapons.

After that I saw an old man and two kids approaching. They were the first Vietnamese I saw in a near distance. Immediately, they were shot to dead. I was really shocked because he did not look like a Viet Cong, more like two kids.

A stele in My Lai writes: Here American troops arranged machine guns to massacre civilians who were gathered on the front field. So civilians were shot by machine guns and guns of infantrymen?

On the road I walked into the village, I saw American solders shooting and burning houses on the left. I did not see machine guns. Perhaps that’s the way Vietnamese called M16 guns. Actually I heard that that day US soldiers brought machine guns (M30) with them but I did not know whether other groups used them or not.

Shooting, crying and shouting was everywhere. I began taking pictures.

In another photo, entitled “The elder brother shields his sister”, I saw the arm of someone. Is that the arm of a soldier who prevented you from taking photo? Were you hindered from shooting these pictures?

That is exactly the arm of a soldier. You can also see his helmet. He was behind me at that time. I did not know how he reacted. My task was taking photo while his task is shooting. Some soldiers said: be careful, there is one with cameras. Just it.

The My Lai massacre was exposed in 1969 by journalists and your photos. Why did you decide to launch those photos? Did you face any obstacle from the US army?

I was a voluntary soldier. While I was in the army, I could not show those photos. There were many war journalists at that time. If I launched the pictures, they would have been hindered from doing their job.

In an interview, you said that you were most obsessed by seeing American soldiers jumped on the back of buffaloes and stabbed them by bayonets. What happened to these soldiers?
Yes, this was abnormal act. I could not explain what happened. Previously, some American soldiers were killed near My Lai and perhaps remaining soldiers suffered from great pressure and tenseness. That act was likely the way they relieved their stress.

A local who survived in the massacre said that American soldiers sometimes entered the village. They seemed to be friendly to villagers and even gave candies to kids. Villagers said that if they knew that American soldiers were so brutal like that, they would have hidden themselves. As a veteran, could you tell us what happened among soldiers?

American soldiers used to be friendly with villages but in several consecutive days, some soldiers treaded in mines and mortally wounded so they were angry. They blamed villages to indirectly cause the death of their comrades and they revenged.


(Source: Vietnamnet)





Pics: Ron Haeberie 

Ron Haeberie is in the middle

* From BBC
Murder in the name of war - My Lai
 The My Lai massacre, which took place on the morning of March 16, 1968, was a watershed in the history of modern American combat, and a turning point in the public perception of the Vietnam War. 


In the course of three hours more than 500 Vietnamese civilians were killed in cold blood at the hands of US troops. The soldiers had been on a "search and destroy" mission to root out communist fighters in what was fertile Viet Cong territory.
Yet there had been no firefight with the enemy - not a single shot was fired at the soldiers of Charlie Company, a unit of the Americal Division's 11th Infantry Brigade.
The 48th Viet Cong Battalion - the intended target of the mission - was nowhere to be seen.
When the story of My Lai was exposed, more than a year later, it tarnished the name of the US army. Most Americans did not want to believe that their revered GI Joe could be a wanton murderer.
My Lai was the sort of atrocity American patriots preferred to associate with the Nazis.


Charlie Company
Charlie Company had arrived in Vietnam three months before the My Lai massacre.
By then the US - fighting alongside the South Vietnamese army - was deeply entrenched in war against North Vietnam's communist forces. The United States's had deployed nearly 500,000 soldiers in Vietnam, a commitment which cost it $2 bn every month.
In January 1968 the Viet Cong guerrillas and the regular North Vietnamese Army launched a joint attack on US positions, known as the Tet Offensive. Washington maintained it could win the war, but on the ground morale among its troops was low.
Charlie Company was down to 105 men by mid-March of that year. It had suffered 28 casualties, including five dead. Some of its soldiers had already begun to drift towards brutal tactics for which they appeared to enjoy impunity.

My Lai
The brief for its March 16 mission was to prise out the Viet Cong, whose elusive troops were thought to be hiding in My Lai - a hamlet of the Son My village.
Two platoons moved in shortly after 8pm in the morning, while a third held back for "mopping up" duties. Both platoons soon splintered and once the shooting started it seemed to spark a chain reaction.
Soldiers went berserk, gunning down unarmed men, women, children and babies. Families which huddled together for safety in huts or bunkers were shown no mercy. Those who emerged with hands held high were murdered.

Some of the 120 or so soldiers opted out of the killing spree, but troop commander Lt William Calley was not one of them. In one incident, Lt Calley ordered two of his men to fire on a group of 60 civilians they had rounded up. When one refused, Calley took over and, standing 10 feet from the crowd, blazed his gun at them.
Elsewhere in the village, other atrocities were in progress. Women were gang raped; Vietnamese who had bowed to greet the Americans were beaten with fists and tortured, clubbed with rifle butts and stabbed with bayonets. Some victims were mutilated with the signature "C Company" carved into the chest.
By late morning word had got back to higher authorities and a cease-fire was ordered. My Lai was in a state of carnage. Bodies were strewn through the village. The death toll totalled 504.
Only one American was injured - a GI who had shot himself in the foot while clearing his pistol. 

My Lai: the cover-up
 It took more than a year for the shocking story of the My Lai massacre to reach the news stands.
Efforts had been made to cover up the atrocity from day one. Charlie Company's Captain Ernest Medina, who was on the ground at My Lai, realised that news of the events could cause trouble.
Despite witnessing at least 100 bodies, when questioned by a superior close to the scene, he maintained that between 20 and 28 civilians had been killed by gunship and artillery fire.
That was also the essence of a report submitted a month later by the commander of the 11th Infantry Brigade, Col Oran K Henderson. 20 civilians had been killed inadvertently, he claimed.
But the rumour mill, that had began turning within days of the My Lai massacre, told a very different story. 



It took a combination of loose talk and a conscientious GI who harboured ambitions to become a journalist, for the allegations to reach the corridors of power back in Washington. 

Ridenhour made it his mission to find out
Ronald Ridenhour, a soldier with the 11th Brigade soldier and also serving in Quang Ngai Province, was sharing a beer with members of Charlie Company when one of them started to boast of their exploits in My Lai.
Ridenhour was revolted but, from then on, made it his mission to substantiate the claims by speaking to other members of the squad.
Back in the US, he set down the allegations in a story which he posted to 30 top names in Washington. General William Westmoreland, who was in overall command of the Vietnamese operation, could not believe his men would engage in mass murder and ordered an immediate inquiry.
Evidence was amassed and the inquiry became a criminal investigation. Lt Calley, commander of the 1st platoon at My Lai, was called back to the US as a potential suspect and in September of 1969 he was charged with 109 murders.
The whitewash was about to begin. 

 My Lai: the whitewash
 In late 1969 the grisly details of My Lai were unleashed on the public, following a report by the investigative journalist Seymour Hersh.
Around the same time the army commissioned an investigation into the cover-up, which became known as the Peers inquiry.
More than 400 witnesses were questioned and 20,000 pages of testimony taken before the inquiry reported its findings in March 1970. Meanwhile an investigation by the army's Criminal Investigation Division (CID) was also conducted into the crimes committed at My Lai. 


The Peers report told a comprehensive story of what had happened on March 16, 1968. The crimes had included murders by individuals and groups, rape, sodomy, maiming and assault of civilians.
The report concluded that both Col Henderson, the brigade commander, and Lt Col Frank Barker, the commanding officer of the task force, had substantial knowledge of the war crime, but did nothing about it.
The Peers inquiry recommended that charges should be brought against 28 officers and two non-commissioned officers involved in the concealment of the massacre. 

Charges dismissed and accused found not guilty
But the prospect of prosecutions crumbled . Army lawyers decided only 14 officers should be charged. Only one came to court, and he was acquitted.
A similar pattern emerged in the prosecution of the ground troops who had done the killing at My Lai.
The CID report said there was evidence to charge 30 soldiers with major crimes. 17 had left the army and charges against them were quietly dropped. Elsewhere charges were dismissed or the accused found 'not guilty'. 

The judicial process was labelled a whitewash by those who had fought to bring the soldiers of Charlie Company to book.
In the end, Charlie company's commanding officer, Lt Calley, was the only one to be convicted. He was sentenced to life imprisonment with hard labour. Within three days he was out of prison, pending appeal, on the personal instructions of President Richard Nixon.
He spent the next three years under house arrest at Fort Benning in Georgia. Freed on bail in 1974 his sentence was then cut to 10 years. Later that year he was paroled after completing one third of his sentence.
Meanwhile, the survivors of My Lai were mourning the deaths of more than 500 innocent civilians. 

* Public bus to Son My (and My Khe beach)
   This service offer by Mai Linh A/C bus
   Itinerary:  Quang Ngai bus station - Le Thanh Ton street - Quang Trung street - Hung Vuong street - Hai Ba Trung street - old Tran Khuc bridge - National highway 24B (Passing My Son relic site) - along My Khe beach - Sa Ky port
   Bus number: 3

   Price: 13,000VND/person

   Open: 5:30AM - 5:30PM

So if you stay in Hung Vuong hotel, its easy to catch the bus




                                                                     Pic: Mai Linh



2/ My Khe beach
    About 3km from Son My relic site or 15km from Quang Ngai downtown is My Khe beach. This sickle-shaped, 10km long  beach is often crowded with local people on weekend and holiday. Along the beach are thick green casuarina trees. There are many basic eating houses and some guesthouses right behind the beach.
   
    The water is quite clear, the sand is yellow. And the beach is just only for you on weekdays as most tourists tend to head to Hoi An, Da Nang beaches.
     The bad is there are some local people throwing garbage to the beach.


  

Where to stay in My Khe beach
Muoi Suong guesthouse
Address: My Khe beach
Tel: 055 3687 218 - 0973 174 157
Overview: Basic guesthouse, offer lunch and dinner, seafood, friendly


C/ Where to stay
     With 10USD you can stay in a standard hotel with large A/C room, Tivi, fridge, in the center of city
     Pay 30USD up, you see yourself in a 3-star hotel with buffet breakfast and swimming pool
    The research was done on 30th May 2012. The room rate of 3-star hotels listed below for Vietnamese. As a foreigner, you maybe have to pay more 


1/ (My stay) Hung Vuong hotel
    Address: 33 Hung Vuong street
    Tel: 055 3818 828 - 0944 777 740
    
   Room rate: 12USD

   Overview: Large and clean room with A/C, Tivi, fridge, free Internet access, near many banks, ATMS

   Pictures:



                                                         Pics: vietnamguidebook


2/ Dong Hung hotel
 Address: 497 Quang Trung street
 Tel: 055 3821 704 - 0905 675 858
 Fax: 055 3825 321

 Room rate: 9USD up

 Overview: basic room with A/C, small Tivi, fridge

 Pictures:


                                                              Pics: vietnamguidebook

3/ (My pick) Hung Vuong hotel
 Another Hung Vuong hotel? Actually, the name of this hotel in Vietnamese means "Hung Vuong king"
  while the above one  means "Wealthy and Development"
    Address: 45 Hung Vuong street
    Tel: 055 3710 477 - 055 3710 478
    Fax: 055 3710 474
    Email: hungvuonghotel@vnn.vn
    Website: www.hungvuong-hotel.com.vn

    Room rate: 16USD up (for Vietnamese) and 32USD up (for foreigner)

    Overview: Local 3-star hotel with large and nice room, Tivi, fridge, buffet breakfast

    Pictures:




                                                                Pics: vietnamguidebook


4/ Central hotel
    Address: 784 Quang Trung street
    Tel: 055 3829 999
    Fax: 055 3822 460
    Email: central@dng.vnn.vn
    Website: www.centralhotel.com.vn


    Room rate: 30USD up (With buffet breakfast)

    Overview: Local 4-star hotel with nice room, swimming pool, massage, tennis, gym

    Pictures:



                                                           Pics: vietnamguidebook




5/ Petro Song Tra hotel
    Address: 02 Quang Trung street

    Tel: 055 3822 665
    Fax: 055 3822 204
    Email: psmt@petrosetco.com.vn

    Website: www.petrosetco.com.vn


    Room rate: 18USD up

    Overview: Local 3-star hotel, large room, nice decoration, swimming pool, gym. massage, bar, wifi...

    Pictures:




                                                            Pics: vietnamguidebook

6/ (My pick) Petrosetco Tower
    Address: 01 An Duong Vuong street

    Tel: 055 3714 468
    Fax: 055 3714 469
    Email: psmt@petrosetco.com.vn

    Website: www.petrosetco.com.vn


    Room rate: 30USD up (with buffet breakfast)

    Overview: Local 4-star hotel, large and nice room, share swimming pool with Petro Song Tra hotel, gym. massage, bar, wifi...

    Pictures:



Pics: vietnamguidebook


D/ Eating
     Quang Ngai is famous with its chicken rice and Quang Ngai malt

Chicken rice restaurant: Nhung 2
Address: 136 Phan Dinh Phung street
Tel: 055 3815 362
Overview: one of the most famous chicken rice restaurant in Quang Ngai, usually crowded, delicious
Pics:



                                                             Pics: vietnamguidebook


Quang Ngai malt


E/ Getting there
     By Air
     Chu Lai airport is 35km from Quang Ngai city
     At present, just only Vietnam Airlines has flights from Sai Gon and Ha Noi cities to Chu Lai airport
    
     Check and book flights at www.vietnamairlines.com
     Note: Code for Chu Lai airport is Tam Ky (VCL). 
              Chu Lai airport is located between two Quang Ngai and Quang Nam provinces. Tam Ky is capital city of Quang Nam province

     Contact:
     Head quarter: 200 Nguyen Son street, Bo De ward, Long Bien district, Hanoi. Tel: (84-4) 38 320 320

     Saigon office telephone: (84-8) 38 320 320

     Danang office telephone: (84-511) 3832 320


     By Bus 
* Go straight Sai Gon - Quang Ngai
Chin Nghia A/C sleeping bus: one of the most popular sleeper bus operators offering many daily buses Sai Gon - Quang Ngai with quite good service.

Ticket: 370,000VND/way (including two meals) (Price of 16th Dec 2013)
Travel time Sai Gon - Quang Ngai: 14 to 16 hours
Address: booking ticket and get on the bus as following:
                * Mien Dong bus station, Sai Gon: 1:00PM to 7:30PM
                   Number 292, Dinh Bo Linh street, ward 26, Binh Thanh district, Sai Gon
                   Tel: (08) 35 115 115 - 3511 7009 - 3898 4892
                   Depart: Each hour has one bus from 12:30 noon till 19:30PM

                * Quang Ngai bus station: 1:00PM to 5:30PM 
                    Tel: (055) 3820 820

Hot line: 0983 518 515 - 0982 766 284


* Sai Gon - Nha Trang - Quang Ngai - Hoi An
   You can stop on the way from Sai Gon to Quang Ngai by taking the bus Sai Gon - Nha Trang then Nha Trang - Hoi An. 
   Ask driver on Nha Trang - Hoi An route to get off at Quang Ngai bus station. From this station, a motobike taxi with about 25,000VND will take you to  the center of Quang Ngai city (such as to Hung Vuong hotel on Hung Vuong street)
    See "Transport" for details of Open bus operators

F/ Others
     Population of Quang Ngai province: 1,306,306 (year of 2007)

     Quang Ngai city portal: www.quangngai.gov.vn
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

베트남 여행 일지 - Travel diary of a Seoul student in Vietnam: http://vnkrphrasebook.blogspot.com